Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cowboy Caviar....What?!

Yep, you read it right.  Cowboy Caviar.  Now, before you turn your nose up to it, it's not what it seems.  I too had the total look of disgust when I had heard the actual name of this...dip?  Salsa?  Appetizer?  What does one really call this?  Besides flipping AWESOME!!!!!

One of my co-workers had made something like this a while back and she gave me the recipe, but I lost it.  So, I went searching on Pinterest.  There were so many different recipes for this stuff, it was overwhelming.  I decided I would make up my own and combine about 3 different recipes.  I made it for Mother's Day and it was a hit!  Not too spicy, not too bland, just perfect (if I do say so myself.)

Cowboy Caviar


So, what's in it?  Well, here you go!  It makes a very big batch, so consider yourself warned:

Cowboy Caviar
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
2 cans corn, drained and rinsed (next time I might try frozen)
2 cans Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 small can diced chillies, undrained
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, diced
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 16oz bottle oily Italian dressing
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp cumin

Mix all ingredients together and let sit at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.  Serve with tortilla chips or Scoops.

This was so easy to throw together and was even easier since I used my Chop Wizard.  This thing rocks!  Chopping and clean up is a breeze!  You can find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond or of course, at Amazon.com (my favorite site) and for the price I think it has more than paid for itself.  




Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...