Saturday, May 18, 2013

One Strong Chick!

Well, we're back from the Girl's State Track meet and I am SO proud of my niece.  She ran fast and hard and gave it her all.  Her team didn't come in first, but they didn't come in last, so all in all, they did good!

The weather is starting to warm up here in Iowa.  I'm beginning to think we're going to skip right over Spring and hit Summer head on.  I've already had the a/c on once (I'm a wimp) and have been putting off putting the window unit in upstairs.  That thing is heavy, awkward and best put in by a man LOL  But since I didn't want to wait any longer and it's hotter than H E Double Hockey Sticks up in my bedroom, I decided to put that bad boy in myself!


There were no casualties, I have all of my fingers and the unit didn't fall out of the window...yet.  Oh!  And it's running and cooling the upstairs down, so I would say it's a win, win situation.  I don't have much on the agenda the rest of the weekend except for laundry, laundry and more laundry.  I have 2 clothing baskets full of clean clothes that need to be put away, so I should probably do that.  I don't mind doing laundry and even folding it.  But putting it away?  That's another story.

For dinner either tonight or tomorrow night (I haven't quite decided yet) I'm going to make Not So Traditional Taco Salad minus the tomato.  I'm not a tomato fan unless they are cooked.  While we were driving home last night from the track meet I had mentioned that I was hungry for it.  With the warmer weather, it's perfect!  No heating up the oven just browning the meat.  And it lasts me forever, so I'll be having it for dinner for the week. 

Well folks, that's about it for this MFFG, I need to put my taco salad together and start up some laundry.  Have a great weekend!

Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...