Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July...A Day Late

I've been a little MIA lately, okay A LOT MIA and to be honest I don't think I could really tell you why.  I haven't really been up to much, so there's no hiding behind that.  Perhaps, maybe, I've been *GASP* lazy?  Yep!  That's probably more like it.  Hey, at least I'm honest!

4th of July came and went and was pretty uneventful around here.  I worked my usual shift and had the usual calls.  "What time do the fireworks start?"  "My neighbor is setting off their own fireworks!"  "My dog ran off because he/she was scared of all of the noise, have you had anyone call him/her in?"  Yep, uneventful, but that's also a good thing, too.  While we like to rock and roll in dispatch, we also want everyone to be safe and have a good time.  Kind of a catch 22.  Speaking of work, a couple of weeks ago I made what I consider to be a really big decision in my career.  After 8 years of working evenings and overnights, I decided to bid day shift.  For the past 3 years or so, I've thrown around the idea of bidding days, but other co-workers had very important things going on in their lives, so I decided I would just stay put.  This year being 3 years post-op and pretty much maintaining my weight loss, but getting out of the exercise loop, I needed to do something and this was the change I felt I needed to make.  It wasn't the popular choice, but it was the choice I had to make for myself.  For once, I had to put myself first, even though it might have seemed I was stepping on toes, or being vindictive, I wasn't.  This was purely, 100% selfish.  All.About.Me.

Like I said, the 4th was pretty uneventful for me and even though I had to work, I still celebrated a little bit.  I made a fruit flag pizza that turned out really good (if I do say so myself).  You use a crescent roll sheet instead of sugar cookie dough and Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese.  Now, I will tell you, I messed with the recipe some (shocking, I know) but I'm just not a coconut fan.  I used vanilla yogurt instead of coconut and also instead of sprinkling the dough with powdered sugar, I used a cinnamon/sugar mix instead.  But I swear, those were the only 2 changes!

The finished product!


I also did a little bit of decorating by my front door for the holiday.  It was fun to do and was actually a combined effort (thanks to my mom who made the flags ♥).  I painted up some Mason jars and took an old wine "rack" to stick them in.  Added the flags and BAM!  4th of July at my front door!

Happy 4th of July!

So, there you have it.  I've been MIA, not really doing anything and am totally late on wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July.  Hope it was a great holiday for everyone!

Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...