Thursday, July 11, 2013

How Early Is Too Early?

You know the old saying, "The early bird gets the worm"?  Well, I've been getting up early....and I mean EARLY (2AM one morning to be exact) and I've yet to catch that worm!

Ever feel like this?

I have just about made it thru my first week of day shift and I must say, it's been pretty successful.  I was worried about my sleep patterns and habits since I hadn't been sleeping for months, but it seems I may have a handle on it and so far the only complaint I've had has been from my dogs having to get up at the butt crack of dawn.  Their transition didn't go as smoothly as mine, poor little guys.  Monday, Mister was less than thrilled when he was outside at 4:45AM.  And Stella?  Well, let's just say she woke up, did her business and fell back asleep outside.  Then Tuesday, it was pouring down rain.  And Wednesday I was up at 2AM.  So, after all of that "drama" I decided I would let them out AFTER I shower, which seems to work better for them.  Who knew they were such creatures of habit like their mom?

Meal planning is still going...well, I don't think it's even going.  I have the menus I want to use printed out, I have my clipboard all ready to go, but the menu is still blank.  This week has been a little more overwhelming than I thought it would be, so I have decided to work on it this weekend.  At this point, I'm doing good to remember to grab my protein drink and something for lunch.  Go me!  I will admit, this is harder than I thought it was going to be.  The day shift transition and the meal planning thing.  But rumor has it, once you get meal planning down, it's a breeze, so I'm really looking forward to that day.

So, here it is, just after 5PM (Iowa time) and I'm about ready for bed.  Sad, isn't it?  I think maybe I'm still playing catch up from when I was up yesterday at 2AM.  At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.


Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...