Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's For Dinner?

This whole week I have been hungry for eggs.  At one point I was even hungry for a fried egg...I don't even like fried eggs!  So today, I decided I would get out my egg cooker so I could have an egg salad sandwich for dinner.

I have an egg cooker similar to this one by Cuisnart that my parents gave me after I had surgery.  I love this thing!  It reminds me of the old food dehydrater...you set it and forget it!  The little timer goes off and VIOLA!  You're done!  You can cook up to 7 eggs or you can even poach them (if that's your thing).  Super easy and a great gadget to have.


This Is My Egg Cooker



My recipe for egg salad is really easy.  I don't have exact measurements, so I'm just going to list what I use.

Egg Salad

1 hardboiled egg
Miracle Whip (at least 1 Tbsp)
Mustard (small squirt)
Ketchup (yes, ketchup)

After I peel my egg, I dice it using an egg slicer.  Then I just mix in the Miracle Whip, mustard and ketchup.  

That's all there is to it.  The Miracle Whip and ketchup give it a little kick.  I know it sounds like an odd combination, but you should try it, honest.  I do the same thing when I make deviled eggs.  I always get funny faces when I tell people that's what I use.  Ketchup, my secret ingredient!  


My Secret Ingredient



Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...