Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sleep Overs, The Color Run and Swimming Pools!

This weekend was a very busy one, jam packed with a lot of family, friends and fun!  For starters I had my niece staying with me, so we could do the Color Run yesterday.  We had a blast!  The weather was perfect and so was the company, I love that girl to pieces

A couple of good looking Color Runners!

My Beautiful Niece, Maddie!

Me, Struttin My Stuff!


After the run, we went to lunch which was pretty amusing.  We walked in to the restaurant and in the process of being seated our server looked at us like we each had 2 heads.  Explaining the Color Run, while covered head to toe in bright corn starch and with pink hair was a little challenging to a person that didn't speak much English, but we managed to get thru it. 

A trip to Kohl's was also on the agenda for 2 things.  First, the shoes I'm wearing in the above picture are my old running shoes from last year and I managed to get 2 blisters on my heels, so I needed a pair of cheap flip flops for the rest of the day.  And then I wanted to see if they had this infuser water pitcher.  My good friend Amanda had picked one up last weekend and has been making the best infused water all week *jealous*.  I found it, on sale AND I a $5.00 off coupon AND a 15% off coupon, so I my total bill (flip flops included) was just under $13.  SCORE!!!  I may or may not be drinking some Crystal Light Lemonade infused with strawberries while I type this.  I have some frozen fruit in the deep freeze that I think I'm going to try next, see how it works.  Wish me luck! 

And of course, what's a trip to Des Moines without going to World Market and Starbucks?  That's right, a wasted trip!  At World Market I picked up some syrups, my usual salted caramel and cinnamon vanilla (both sugar free of course) and then decided to try out English toffee.  This morning I put 2 squirts of English toffee and 2 squirts of white chocolate in my Click, along with my 2 cups of skim milk and 3 ice cubes.  It was amazing! 

And now...the pic you've all been waiting for...or not o_O

I Actually Went To The Pool!


For those of you that don't know, I haven't been in a swimsuit since 2000.  And I haven't been in a swimming pool since before then.  Today was the first time in 13 years that I've been in both!  Now, I'm going to spare you a whole body shot (you'll thank me later, trust me) but this is proof that I own a suit and that I actually went.  I was a little excited, very nervous and VERY self conscious.  But after about 20 minutes or so, I finally relaxed and enjoyed it.  It was an odd feeling going back to my childhood pool, but now that it's over, I think I'm ready to go again, after my burn goes away.  Guess there are parts of my body that aren't used to getting sunlight.  Like, you know, my whole body?! 

So now, I'm just relaxing, doing some laundry and waiting to make dinner.  I think Diet Cola Chicken sounds good and will make leftovers for lunches and dinners this week.  I'm trying to plan ahead.  Key word here trying.  This is going to be the week I get this menu thing down *maybe*.


Until next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...