Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall Is Finally Here!

Finally, Fall!


Fall, my favorite time of year, is finally here!  I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to show up, but with the rain last night and cooler temps today, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's here.  Along with Fall also comes one of my favorite holidays, Halloween!!!  I have been decorated outside for about 2 weeks now and am thinking I might do a little inside decorating this weekend.  I should have the time since I'm off work for 5 days.  Yep...5 days!  Not having to set the alarm clock for 4:45 is going to be so nice. 

Just a little bit of my outdoor decorations.


I think my biggest plan this weekend will be to get back on track and make Salads In A Jar.  This of course will require a trip to the grocery store, one of my most hated places to go *SIGH*  But it will be worth it in the end, I guess.  When it comes to grocery shopping, I can talk myself out of it in a heartbeat, but when it comes to Starbucks, I'm in the car headed East and I barely have my shoes on!  IF I end up going to the store, I'm also going to grab a couple of things to make Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken.  

Last weekend when I was out and about with the best-neighbor-ever Beth, I found some really yummy pumpkin flavored stuff.  I found Thomas' Pumpkin Spice Bagels and pumpkin spice cream cheese. They are pure heaven together.  I couldn't wait to try them, so I skipped the toaster and just went to town  ♥  I also made Pumpkin Spice Cake and Pumpkin Bread (both from 50 Canned Pumpkin Recipes from The Food Network Magazine ), so that makes me officially ready for Fall, right? 


The weather tonight in Iowa is supposed to be bumpy with some really bad storms headed our way.  The local news stations are saying that some of the big wig storm spotters are headed to Iowa for this "event", so I think after I get my hair done (more blonde, here I come!) I'm going to come back home and just wait for it to hit.  I will have plenty of veggies to wash and dry to get ready for my salads and I found this beer interesting, so I will be set!

Another Sign of Fall!


Before I go, I want to share these "awesome" pictures with you.  About a month ago, my best friend Gina and I, were at the mall and we found this store that had all things...retro.  It was a blast!  Here are a couple of pictures of our adventure in that store.  Enjoy!

This is my "I think I can rock these" face.




These were 30% off, but covered 50% of my face!!!

Well kids, I'm off!  I hope you all have a great rest of the day.  If you're in Iowa, stay safe and check in later either here or on my Facebook Page, let me know you're okay!


Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...