Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes

As I sit here on the morning of Christmas Eve, I have a lot to reflect on as I watch the snow fall.  It truly looks and feels like Christmas today.  I have my Christmas tree up and decorated with the strings of glass beads my great aunts used to put on their trees.  Garland on the shelves with lights and of course the stockings for the puppies and myself.  The only thing missing are the wrapped packages....because I haven't wrapped a single thing yet! 

I just got back inside from clearing the snow from the driveway and sidewalks, I bet there's at least 5 inches out there.  It's the perfect snow too, light and fluffy and ready for a snowman.  My neighbors were out clearing the snow also and the one neighbor boy was going around in his coveralls and Santa hat helping us out.  I hate to sound all Norman Rockwell, but it was picture perfect. 

Tonight for Christmas Eve it's going to just be me and my parents at their house, which will be nice since this is the first Christmas Eve I've had off work in over 7 years.  We will be having some soup, sandwiches (I'll just be having the meat) and just relaxing before the true storm hits...my nieces and nephews tomorrow morning!  My sister, her husband and family should be here in the morning sometime and then let the fun begin!  Which reminds me I'd better charge my new Kodak camera (Merry Christmas to me!) and get it ready for the big event.  I guess that means I'd better get off of here and start wrapping packages.  But before I do, I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  I hope Santa brings you everything you wished for and that you can all be with your family and loved ones this holiday season. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BEST WISHES FOR 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...