Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...Do I Or Don't I?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  How did you ring in 2011?  I rang mine in, sitting in the ER.  I have had this super nasty sinus infection and had gotten new antibiotics Thursday afternoon.  While I was sitting at work yesterday and I noticed this horrible, bumpy rash starting on my arms.  By the time I got off work at 10pm, it had spread to my legs and chest.  After getting home from work, I realized it was only getting worse, so I headed to the ER.  I ended up walking out about 12:20am with a handful of new meds and prescriptions and headed home.  Happy New Year to me LOL 

I had been going back and forth over the last week debating about making any resolutions and of course the first one that came to mind was to lose weight.  That has been a resolution of mine for years and years, but this year, it's not a resolution it's a must, so I moved on.  Work has been pretty stressful lately and with being sick I've just been plain crabby and I hate it!  I have got to get snapped out of this funk and fast!

So, that being said, one of my resolutions is to be more positive.  Not only with others but with myself.  I have come a long way in a small amount of time and I need to be proud and happy of that.  I have a hard time taking compliments because, as many of you know, fat people don't get told they are looking really good.  That they are getting...wait for it...wait for it...SKINNY!  Now, I'm a far cry from skinny, but I am getting smaller and I need to learn to embrace those compliments and go with them. My co-workers have now started calling me skinny and it's starting to grow on me!

Another resolution of mine?  To keep my mouth shut...so I'm going to have my tongue cut out.  Just kidding!  Along with keeping my mouth shut comes more patience and perhaps with those 2 things combined, I can do it!  I guess that would fall under restraint, but it's going to be a tough one.  I have always been very outspoken, but I need to learn to pick my battles. 

I have other little resolutions, but these are my main ones that need to be worked on first.  I may need some help staying on track, but I know I can do this, right?  Today is the day to start fresh and new, but if I start to fail along the way, I'm not going to give up like I have in the past with my weight loss.  I'm going to stay strong, stay positive and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...