Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Search For The Perfect Recipe



Ah yes, searching for the perfect recipe.  What is it?  I have no idea!  I have been searching and searching, writing and writing since about 2 weeks post op trying to find recipes that remind of pre-surgery life but without all the calories, fat, carbs and sugar.  So, how is it going you might ask?  Great, considering I have no idea what I'm looking for. 

I have been going through Food Network Magazines, Taste of Home cookbooks and WLS recipe blogs.  All in all I have written down 2 notebooks (3 subjects each) of recipes that I think sound good, look good or just peaked my interest.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is some sort of a transfer addiction for me since I will sit here night after night and scan recipes and write them down.  One thing is for sure, my handwriting is actually getting better! 

So, what are my plans for all of these recipes?  I have no idea!  I've been thinking of going through them and adding all the stats to them and then typing them up, printing them out and putting them in a binder.  Kind of like a WLS cookbook I guess you could say.  I have written down where or who the recipe came from so I can track it back later in case I have questions or want to post them here to give credit where credit is due.  Any other ideas?  Any blogs or sites you guys think I should check out?  Let me know, I would love to look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...