Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shake Your Grove Thang!


I was sitting around the house surfing the net (okay, I was really Facebook stalking) thinking I need to get up and do something.  And by something, I mean workout.  And by workout, I mean something inside because it's 94 with a heat index of 108.  So, I started looking thru some WLS forums and came across one for Zumba for the Wii.  I did some reading up on it and thought it might be something worth looking into.  I went to my trusty site, Amazon.com and looked it up.  I read some of the reviews and added it to my cart.  Then I thought I would check out the Walmart site and see if they have in our store.  Very rarely do they have things in our store since it is smaller and the next Walmart is 20 mins away.  Well, of all the luck, they had it in stock...so the site said. I have run into this many times with our local store.  The site says they have something in stock and I get there and it's no where to be found.  Typical. 

I shut down my computer, grabbed my purse and headed on out!  I walked back to the electronics department, went straight for the games and there it was!!!!!  And they had 5 or 6 of them!  JACKPOT!  So, I decided since there were plenty of them I would go and check out some of the workout clothes.  I have some awesome New Balance workout/Yoga pants and capris, but I needed some shorts.  I found these for $6!  I got the gray ones, but I'm thinking for $6 I'm going back tomorrow and picking up a couple other pairs.  Not only were they perfect for the Wii, but they will be perfect to sleep in.  And at that price, you can't go wrong. 

So, I picked up my shorts, picked up Zumba and headed on home.  I pulled on my shorts (way comfy), popped in Zumba and started to shake my grove thang like it was nobody's business.  Thank goodness I pulled the blinds, because no one should have to watch me try to strut my stuff LOL  I didn't bother learning the steps (which I should have done) but jumped right in.  I kept up pretty well, but after 22 minutes, I had had enough.  I was spent, sweaty and dying for a drink of water.  So, all in all, I would say I had a successful Walmart trip and a pretty good Zumba workout.  I think I'm going to try it again later tonight and try to learn some of the moves. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...