Monday, July 11, 2016

Baby Steps





Usually when I put my mind to something, I jump in 100% with no blinders and just go full force.  In the past, it has worked for me I would say 8 out of 10 times, which really aren't bad odds.

However, when it comes to WLS and being successful, you can by all means jump in head first, but, you're going to hit rock bottom and hit it fast.  WLS patients will agree with me on this, we have to have the patience, ambition and drive to be successful, but we also have to form good habits, which doesn't happen in a week.

I'm ready to make my change and I started yesterday but setting my mind to getting back on track.  And today I called my surgeon's office and made an appointment with not only my surgeon, but also the nutritionist, which is July 26th at 2pm.   I've also made an appointment to have my lab work done Friday (the 15th) and have the results sent to the surgeon's office.  I would say those are pretty good starts for someone who has been putting things off for a long time.

I also added the below picture to my blog for visual motivation.  The picture taken in November 2011 was 1 year after my weight loss surgery.  The other picture was taken at the end of May, 2016.  I love both pictures of myself, but I like the one in 2011 better.  Will I ever get back to that?  I hope so, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and dedication and I know, deep down I have what it takes to do it!


Visual Motivation

I want to thank everyone who read my post yesterday, commented and reached out to me.  It meant a lot to me and it's the kind of positive energy I need.  But I want to give a HUGE thank you and shout out to my close friend Mary Ann.  She has been there for me from the beginning and thru many ups and downs and she continues to be there for me.  She's my weight loss cheerleader, my life coach and a wonderful positive influence I need in my life.  Thank you, Mary ♥  I could never repay you!

Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...