Saturday, July 23, 2016

Time To Shake Things Up!



Do you like what I did there?  Pretty clever, huh?  In getting back on track, I need to make a few changes to my daily routines and eating habits.  I'm sad to say that after 5 1/2 years together, for almost every day, I'm making a clean break from my Click protein breakfast shake.  We had a good run.  A very, VERY good run.  But as the title says, it's time to shake things up a bit.  So, this week I decided to order one of my old favorites.   This morning I picked up a new to me protein flavor, Fuzzy Navel by Syntrax single serve packet at Hy-Vee on the way into work.  My go to for a long time was Roadside Lemonade by Syntrax (which may or may not be on it's way to my house), but I couldn't find it in town so I have to wait.  But I didn't want to wait too long to change things up, because if I wait too long, I won't do it.  I know this about me.  



My Breakfast Today Plus A Banana


My thoughts on it?  Well, it's not coffee.  It doesn't have any caffeine.  And it didn't have any vodka (I swear that's water in that blender bottle) but for 24 grams of protein and 100 calories?  It was pretty darn tasty.  As tasty as my Roadside Lemonade?  No.  Will I get this again?  YES!  The only problem I had was that it took longer to mix in the bottle than I thought it would.  I had this along with a banana and saved about 100 calories.  Worth it?  You bet!



My Next Breakfast Adventure


Next on my agenda?  Actually eating my breakfast, not drinking it.  I'm wanting to try to make breakfast burritos (without the tortilla), portioning them out and freezing them so I always have something on hand to grab to take to work in the mornings.  Any of you have a kick-a** recipe you want to share?  Or a secret ingredient I NEED to have?  I have a very simple recipe in mind:  ground turkey, red and green peppers, an onion, eggs, cheese, salsa and taco seasoning.  Or I might mix it up with some ham or bacon depending on my mood when I make them.  Easy Peasy!  

I think at this point, I might have a handle on breakfast.  I have decided to break my meals down and work on them individually so it's not so overwhelming and perhaps easier to get back to the basics. I'm open to any suggestions or help anyone has to offer.  Any food journals, menu planners, recipes. Anything!  



Until next time!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...