Friday, July 29, 2016

The Hardest Part Is Over

As many of you have read or heard, I decided to go back to my weight loss surgeon to get back on track.  I was all geared up and thought I was ready for the appointment, until Tuesday morning when it became a reality.  I was nervous, upset, excited, ashamed, basically a basket case of emotions.  






My surgeon's office is only about 45 minutes away, but it seemed like the longest ride of my life.  I did the "walk of shame" from the back of the parking lot, finally made it to the doors, took a deep breath, walked in and the most amazing thing happened.  There was zero judgement for not being there in 2 years.  Everyone one was excited to see me and welcomed me with open arms, for serious, with real open arms, my nurse that I've had now for 6 years came up and gave me a hug, telling me it was so nice to have me back.  That black cloud I felt had been hanging over me walking into the office vanished.  There was no yelling, no screaming and no harsh words.  My team knew how hard it was for me to come back and instead of nitpicking my failure, they were excited to get me back on track.  My nurse Tracy said it best after I got of the scale, "The hardest part is over, Katie. You're here now, you're taking the first step to get back on track and we're all happy to see you here and to help you."  



Just get started!!!!



After meeting with the Dr, I met with my new nutritionist (we will call her my Nut from here on out) and she too was just happy I was there and so willing to help me.  We only had 15 minutes (I go back August 10 for another appointment with her) but I fell like I have a handle on my weight loss journey again.  Going back to the basics of no drinking 30 minutes before a meal, during a meal or 30 minutes after meals.  1,000-1,200 calories a day.  Vitamins, protein shakes, healthy snacking, breaking up with my Diet Coke.  All of that in 15 minutes.  It was exactly what I needed to motivate me to get back on track.  I have a lot of work to do and a long road ahead of me, but I know I can do it!


So, in true Katie fashion, I jumped in head first Wednesday morning with 100% motivation and zero room for failing.  I cannot fail, I will not fail.  I cannot fail, I will not fail.  SAY IT WITH ME!!!!


Even though I have this new cannot fail mentality and did an awesome job at work the last 2 days (under 1,200 calories on both days, no AM snacking both days, no soda both days, over my step goal both days), this weekend has me very worried.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love my 3 day weekends.  LOVE THEM.  But doing so well the last 2 days that were so structured for me and now these next 3 days of no structure has me feeling a little uneasy.  I need a lot of good vibes sent my way that I don't fall off the wagon in the next 3 days.  So far today it's been okay.  I've been for my walk (I feel I got cheated on my steps, but I'll save that for another post), been to the grocery store and have hit the water hard.  No AM snacks and only my 1 cup of coffee.  But I'm struggling with what I'm going to have for dinner, which really shouldn't be a shock to anyone.  I have out chicken and broccoli, so I'm pretty sure that is what's on the menu.  I do have some strawberries to clean and 2 dozen ears of corn to take off the cob and freeze, so I should keep pretty busy.  I'm also going to try to make a crust less quiche with ground turkey, broccoli and cheese.  Wish me luck on the quiche...I've never made one and may never make one again!







I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  As you can tell, I have a lot going on in mine LOL  I would love to hear your plans, live vicariously thru you all!  Enjoy your time off!


Until next time!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You took that first, most difficult step. You also inspired me to get back to my 7am weight watchers meeting starting tomorrow. My son is also rejoining. Getting healthy is hard, but being overweight and unhealthy is even harder. Skinny and healthy, here we come! We will thank outselves come this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! It's never easy to admit when you need help as an adult, especially when it comes to weight. I'm so excited for you and your son, I can't wait to hear about your progress!!!! We've got this!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so proud of you Katie!! Can I jump on your bandwagon? I'm the only person I know who GAINED weight after chemo & radiation. I'm heavier than I've ever been in my entire life! I need to get motivated. Before I got diagnosed I could walk 5 miles & swim a mile. Amazing how easy it is to talk yourself out of something good for you!!! You've got this babe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi! And of course you can jump on my bandwagon, however you kicked cancer's a**, if you can do that, you can do this, hands down!!! I went for a long walk Friday and it was nice and peaceful. I had forgotten how nice it felt after doing a workout, even if it only was a walk. We can do this!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...