Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pity Party? Table For One? Your Table Is Ready!


Yep, I'm complaining today.  I am in pain, it's making me crabby and I just want it to go away.  I feel like I've traded in one illness for another *sigh*  When I had my surgery in October, they had my arm strapped straight out from my side for over 2 hours.  Turns out, my body didn't like that.  I have a horrible pinch in my upper bicep, that at times, will drop me to my knees. My RNY surgeon said my arm was hyper extended and referred me to an orthopedic surgeon.

So, after putting up with it for a while (until February) I finally did something about it and the orthopedic surgeon put me in physical therapy.  Today at my follow up, he decided to step it up a bit and gave me a cortisone shot in my shoulder....YEEOUCH!  I'm a touch cookie, I have 9 tattoos, but I'm not liking this one bit!  The shot itself didn't hurt any more than a usual shot.  The slight little prick and boom!  It was done.  But now that time has gone by, my entire left arm is numb (which is making it hard to type, yet equally funny at the same time) and it hurts like a SOB!  The doctor told me ice, ice, ice and rest, rest, rest...but I'm finding this a little difficult.  And since we cannot have any ibuprofen, I'm a hurting unit! I'm trying to lick my wounds (so to speak) with a Vanilla Latte Click, but it's not doing the whole trick.  So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to have another one!

I'm glad I decided to take today off work...could you imagine me after about 8 hours of being crabby and all doped up on Click?  On the flip side, I'm trying to be optimistic and thinking this is going to work and it's going to change everything...I hope!  

Okay, my pity party is over...you may now resume your regularly scheduled programming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...