Monday, October 11, 2010

I Made It Thru Surgery!!!!

That's right!  You read it right, I made it thru surgery!  I had surgery October 5 (last Tuesday) and got to come home that Thursday.  It's been a bit of a challenge, but I haven't had any major regrets so far.  My mom and dad were at my side the whole time and a couple of friends took time to stop down and see me too!  I received some really pretty flowers and lots of balloons from friends and family as well.  My nurses and techs were wonderful people and made my recovery that much easier.

I had an upper GI today down in Des Moines.  That is one test I'll never have again if I have a say in it LOL  That contrast was horrible and made me gag, but I made it thru it.  I went back up to the 4th floor to drop off thank you gifts to my nurses and techs and then we headed back home.  I'm pretty tired, but very proud that I walked the entire time, not one single ride in the wheel chair.  I have another appointment tomorrow in Des Moines and hopefully get my drainage tube removed so I can really be on the mend.  I also meet with the dietitian and go over my new meal plans and get to start soft foods on Saturday as long as everything from today's tests come back okay.

I know this update is short, but it's time for me to sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk, and sleep, sleep, sleep!   Thank you for all of your well wishes, thoughts and prayers!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's only going to get better I'm sure! I haven't had my surgery yet but hope to be right behind ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it through! Take it a day at a time, it does get better! It's a wild ride but one that will change your life! Welcome to the loser's bench!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...