Sunday, May 29, 2011

8 Months Out And Other Ramblings


 So, here you have it...8 months in the making of an RNY post-op patient.  I started out in October at 302 pounds and currently (today) I'm down to 206...96 pounds gone forever.  FOREVER!!!!  It's still hard to believe and hard to see sometimes, but as I sit here today, it's also bittersweet.  I know I posted my first 6 months of post-op pictures a couple of months back, but I still wanted to share this with you all.  There's one thing you can see changing in these pictures every time besides my weight.  It's my smile.  With every picture my smile is becoming bigger and bigger as I am becoming smaller and smaller.  I went thru a bunch of my pictures last night and compared them all.  I have my mom take at least 3 pictures a month, so I had lots to flip thru and every time I kept coming back to my smile.  All the pain and frustration I've been thru, not only post-op, but the years of being overweight have been worth it to be able to share my story with others.  Even if only one person listens to my journey and makes one healthy change in their lifestyle, then it's all been worth it. 

Now, moving on to things less serious :)  I was up at 5:30am today (and on my day off) and decided to just get up and start my day.  Why I was up so early is beyond me, but I have been able to get things done.  I've gotten some laundry done, some dishes done, my walk in and I've been to Walmart already.  I made me a "big" purchase at the Mart today.  A new Oster My Blend Blender.  I got the orange one and I love it!  I've only used it once, but so far, I have no complaints.  I used it to blend my protein drink and it was perfect.  I don't call mine shakes because I can't stand the consistency of a shake.  Instead of 8 ounces, I use 16 ounces of liquid and then pour it over 6 ice cubes.  Yes, 6.  I don't know why that's the magic number, but it is.  This blender is the perfect size, being 20 ounces.  It didn't foam over like it did in the Hamilton Beach Personal Blender, which is only 14 ounces.  The Oster one also doubles as a travel bottle with an interchangable lid for on the go use.  I haven't used it yet, but I will try it tomorrow when I go to work.  Also, Oster sells extra bottles, which I think will come in handy if you want to make more than one drink for on the go.  I plan to get at least one extra bottle, if not 2 and try to pre-blend my drinks.  

This comes in a couple of different colors, but orange matches my kitchen.

Other than that, not much is going on this weekend.  I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight and they have decided to go to Lonestar Steakhouse.  I haven't been there post-op so this should be a new, fun adventure that I'm looking forward too.  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  Peace out, Girl Scout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...