Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just One Of Those Days

I like to think that I have a pretty tough layer of skin when it comes to my weight issues.  For years I was always the fat one, the fat happy one or the fat one that's an awesome cook.  I have had a hard time shaking that image of myself until recently, probably within the last couple of weeks...until last night.

My friends and I went out for a girls night and it started out really fun.  We went to the local (and my favorite) Mexican restaurant.  Good food, good friends and great conversation, just me and my girls.  Loved it!  We were there for about 3 hours or so and then decided to hit up a friends birthday party.  Along the way, they wanted to stop at a bar for a couple of beers.  I don't drink anymore, but it didn't bother me to go along.  Not drinking anymore was a personal choice I made after surgery.  I waited my 6 months like a good girl, tried Diet Coke and Crown (my old standby) and hated it.  So, I just decided to give it up all together.  But anyways, back to the story. 

We walk into the bar, one I hadn't been in for years.  The only thing that had changed is the ownership.  I saw some blasts from the past (old drinking buddies) who barely even recognized me.  That was a great feeling until...wait for it...they open their mouths.  "I had no idea you used to be THAT fat!  You look awesome!"  Really?!  REALLY?!  Is that supposed to make me feel better?  And the worst part?  They aren't even drunk!  WTF?!?  I didn't say anything, just smiled and said thank you and moved on.  I was fuming!  Maybe I took it too personally and it was supposed to be a compliment, but I didn't see it as one.  I let that consume the rest of my night and woke up this morning still just floored that someone would say something like that. 

So, to relieve my anger...I started listening to what I call my angry music.  I'll link you to a few of my favorites that always seem to get me over the hump of being angry and I feel better after listening to them.  I Will Buy You A New Life, Voodoo, and the one that always helps no matter what the situation is, My Way.  I'm hoping that now that I've blogged it out and listened to my music I can move on with my day and just relax and chill out.  I hope...

4 comments:

  1. Some ppl are truly that cruel and some (like myself) just automatically speak and don['t filter the words coming out but regardless of the situation in this case... You have done an amazing job and look absolutely Beautiful don't let them or anyone else take that away from you.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun!!! I haven't had many dealings out and about because I've tried to protect myself by not going out. It was bound to happen sooner or later and now that I've calmed down, I'm considering the source. And of course, music always makes me feel better, I should have done that last night. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I had a great read.
    You know things are not always pleasant
    and people can be harsh... Well, what the heck!
    why care, what matters is how you feel..

    readyPLR

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, you're right. We live our lives trying to please other people no matter how much we say we don't try to. But for once I'm happy with myself...screw them! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...