Sunday, March 3, 2013

Breakin' PR's X2!!!!

***Brag Alert***  ***Brag Alert***  ***Brag Alert***


There, consider yourself warned!  Today was a pretty big day for me, if I do say so myself.  First off, let me explain what PR means.  To me (and I think to some other runners?) it means personal record.  Just like NSV means non scale victory in the weight loss surgery world.  Now that we have those down, let's move on, shall we?

My first PR today was actually scale related.  Today, I'm the smallest I've been since I was a senior in high school.  I am down 118 pounds, coming in at 184!  I'm healthier, in the best shape I've been in since I was 18 and dang it, I'm super proud of myself! 

The second PR I broke today was my min/mile time.  I have shaved another 30 seconds off my mile which makes 1 min 30 seconds total since I started in January!  GO ME!  I know it doesn't seem like much, but for this MFFG it's huge!  It was a little chilly at 35 degrees (with lots of wind it seemed like) but I made it thru.  I think I owe it to my Bad Ass Socks.  My moo's (calves) really made those letters look huge! 

Yeah, these rock!
I also think I need these Pink Skull Socks and these Cupcake Socks!  I also still need to get myself something for my ears...they are going to fall off from the cold air, I swear!  And since we're in a Winter Weather Advisory starting tonight at midnight and looking at 3-6 inches of snow, I think I'm going to need to stay bundled up for awhile!  The fresh air was wonderful though and I think it actually helped clear out my lungs from that nasty cold crud I've had since the middle of February.  Spring can't get here fast enough to get rid of all of the sickness that keeps coming around...and around...and around...you get the point.  
It seems like Sundays have turned into my big crockpot cooking day.  So I decided to make Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole.  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising.  If it turns out, I'm thinking it might be good with one of those ranch packets.  
Not much else is going on in the wonderful work of Kates, but as the old saying goes...No news is good news!   Now, it's time to ice!

Until next time!

post signature

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...