Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Today is the picture perfect fall day.  Rain, wind, cool temps and warm protein drinks.  Thanks to my friend Pam over at Journey to a Healthier Me I have been nice and warm drinking her Hot Chai Mix, Caramel Apple Protein Cider and Kristys Vanilla Caramel Protein Tea.  All 3 of these recipes are WONDERFUL!!!  Right now, I'm drinking her Hot Chai Mix, but instead of 8oz of water, I used 12 oz.  Not only does it taste wonderful, but it smells wonderful too!



And not only do I have a nice, warm drink in hand, but I have football on the TV (Go Bears!) and 2 wonderful puppies at my side.  Even though Quincy is about 5 years old, he acts just as young as Stella, 6 months old.  Those 2 are my babies and are spoiled rotten!  They don't know it yet, but when I start my liquid diet Tuesday, they start their diet too.  This whole house will be full of crankiness!  But you know the old saying, "Misery loves company" so we won't be alone. 



I made my last trip to the grocery store today to pick up the final items for my liquid diet.  As I wandered around looking at different items, it finally hit me.  I don't need this junk food anymore.  That my life had revolved around food for far to long and it's time it stopped.  It is stopping little by little.  I looked back to my night out last night and realized that the company last night was far more important than what was on my plate.  I was so worried about missing certain foods before we went out, but when it was time to order, I ended up with a side salad and chicken sandwich.  No fries, no pop...no alcohol.  I had a good time and it didn't matter what was in front of me except my good friends.  Somewhere along the way since I've started this journey, food has taken a backseat.  I don't know when it happened, but it did and I'm not going to argue about it. 



After walking the rest of the store, I looked in my cart and was proud of the items I picked up.  My sugar-free Jell-o, sugar free pudding and sugar free yogurt were sitting there waiting for me to push them across the checkout and it didn't matter that there wasn't a Snickers bar or a bottle of Pepsi in the cart coming home with me.  I can do this!  I will do this!  Last night reminded me that good friends are better than good food and good friends last longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...