Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shopping For THE Liquid Diet...And a Baby Gate

Today was the day that I decided to go shopping for my liquid diet for my bypass surgery.  There are actually more things I can have than I ever thought I could, so I didn't think this experience would be too horrible bad.  WRONG!!!  We're having 2 huge town events going on right now in our town, so I decided to go to the college town that's about 20 mins away to find my things and to try to avoid all the people.



I started my journey out by hitting Super Walmart for all of my things.  It's Super Walmart, they should have everything, right?  Wrong, again.  Now, when I couldn't find the chewable sugar free kids vitamin I wanted, that should have been my first sign, but nonetheless, I continued to shop.  Up next...a Dust Buster.  Can you believe they only had 1 left.  ONE?!?  Are you kidding me?  You're Super Walmart!   But good for me, it's the one I wanted so I went on with my list.



I strolled my way over to the baby section (with the loudest cart the store owned, I swear) and went looking for a baby gate.   My puppy Stella (who is home and doing fine now) chewed her way thru one of the cheap wood/plastic ones so I wanted something just a little bit stronger.  $35.00 later and a metal gate in my cart, I make my way to the grocery section.  I found everything I needed on my list but 2 things.  Ground cloves and the sugar free creamer pictured above.  Okay, no big deal, I'll just check Target next door.  Run my happy butt thru the check out and head on over to Target for those 2 things



I get to Target, run in and they don't have either items.  No big deal, there's another grocery store near by, I'll check there...with no such luck.  No, problem, I'll come back home, and check the grocery store near my house.  Nope, they don't have it either.  Neither does our Walmart or our other grocery store.  Is there some big rush on this creamer that I know nothing about?  Or did word get out that I just wanted one container and someone is playing a cruel joke on me?  LOL  I did happen to find it on Amazon.com, in a 6-pack...I think that might be over kill.  I now have my mom on the hunt down in Iowa City at their stores for a container of the creamer.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Why are you buying chewable kids vitamins? You can buy chewable adult centrum. They are far better for you....you take 2 each day post-op I had surgery 6 months ago.

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because that's what my surgeon's program calls for. We have different vitamin stages before and after surgery. I have looked into Celebrate Vitamins and when the time comes, that will probably be my buying source. But I am always open to suggestions :)

    I hope you're doing well with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...