Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Love Cooking Again!!!

Yep, that's right...I love cooking again!  LOVE IT!  Before my RNY I would cook things here and there.  But found like many of you, it was just easier to run thru a drive-thru or have food delivered.  There were never any leftovers and the clean up was easy.  Pretty simple life except for one thing...that fast food lifestyle was making me HUGE!  I can't believe how much money I have been able to save by not going back to my old habits.  I've been able to put that extra cash towards fun kitchen utensils and a couple of new clothing items.

But thanks to my friends over at Pouch Party and the beyond talented Eggface (AKA Shelly) they have made me realize that even though this was a life style change, it wasn't a food death sentence.  They have made food fun, wonderfully tasteful and shopping for recipe ingredients fun for me again.  Now, I will NEVER be able to throw recipes together like these cooking queens, but I can actually cook up some of their yummy creations.

I love having leftovers now and am excited to take some to work tomorrow in my Bento Box (thank you Shelly) and see what all I can make with my leftovers or can freeze for a later date.  My parents are really liking my new found love for cooking as they are getting to sample just about everything I have made so far.  It hasn't been much, but it's always been enough so my mom doesn't have to stop quilting to make dinner, which is the least I can do for the both of them (they were great, beyond great, during my surgery and recovery) and it's nice to have dinner with them during the week.

So, if you're looking for new recipes, some great inspiration and just good reading in general to make you happy, I highly recommend you check out the above ladies.  They deserve more credit than they get and many, many thank yous from me and my pouch!  Thank you ladies!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...