Monday, November 22, 2010

Planning Ahead For Thanksgiving

Many of us probably feel the same way that turkey does since our WLS, I know I do.  But thanks to Pam and her tips and the recipes from The Girls I'm feeling better about my 1st big holiday post-op and I'm not even attending a Thanksgiving! 

I have to work that day from 10am to 10pm in dispatch which is fine by me.  The cook in the jail is fixing a Thanksgiving lunch with turkey, stuffing and all the fixings and since we're working we get a free tray (we get a free tray anytime we work a shift that is during a meal time) and then some.  Rex, my favorite jail cook always piles our trays with extra goodies and super huge portions.  Which was great last year, but I'm kind of dreading it this year.  Although I can't have the stuffing and potatoes (yet) I can have the turkey and the gravy.  Will I?  I'm not sure yet.  I'm going to pack my lunch and dinner still just in case I panic and don't feel I can handle the holiday feast.

I also need to take something potluck style because we do a potluck that day as well.  Since the administration is gone, it's just us lonely dispatchers and jailers all day long.  I used to always take vegetable cheese soup, but after looking at the package, I decided there's too much sugar and sodium in there for my liking and I'm not going to bring something I can't have.  So, I need some ideas.  I can't have raw veggies yet and someone else is already bringing the meat and cheese tray.  I was thinking of picking something off of Eggface's site or maybe something from The Foodies site, but I cant make up my mind.  HELP!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am right with you. I will be having small little bites of turkey as well. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...