Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Charlie Brown, one of my favorite cartoon characters from growing up.  And even better is the Charlie Brown Christmas special they show every year on TV.  I even own one of those little, sad, pathetic Charlie Brown trees they sell at Walgreen's.  I think I finally broke down and bought one a couple of years ago.  It is one of many trees I put up in my small but festive house.

Today is the day that I'm going to start putting up the trees and decorating the house for the most wonderful time of the year *insert your own favorite Christmas song here* and I can't wait.  This will be the first Christmas with the puppy Stella, so this could be interesting.  She has a thing for dragging the pet bed and the kitchen rugs all over the house, so something tells me the tree skirt won't stay put either!  But I will give it a try and with any luck, she will leave it alone.  I think I'm going to have to invest in a lot of raw hides this Christmas season to keep both she and Quincy out from under the tree.  Quincy loves to lay under there and hang out and try to blend into the packages.  Silly dogs...what would we do without them though, right?

But getting back to my point (you all know how I tend to ramble), I'm pretty excited to get the big tree up today and with any luck will get it almost done today/tonight.  It's a 7 foot tall tree and I usually put about 1300 lights on it.  I think every year Alliant Energy depends on me putting up my tree and lights for bonuses for their employees.  I will have to post a picture of it when I'm all done.  I was looking for pictures of my tree from last year and I can't find them.  If I find those, I'll post one of those as well.  Anywho, I'm off for my walk, a trip to the grocery store and then I'm cranking up the Christmas music (you can stream your own there) and decorating until my little heart is content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...