Monday, November 8, 2010

It's The Little Things

My goodness...it's been a very long time since I have checked in!  Granted it's only been a little over a week, but where did the time go?  I don't know that I can even remember everything I've been up to.  I can tell you, I've been up to dropping some more pounds!  It's the best feeling in the world.  Well, that and FINALLY being able to eat red grapes.  Oh, my red grapes, how I've missed you!

I have reached the point in my diet where I can have my vegetables back (except for corn and potatoes) and I have my fruits back.  I never realized how much I loved my red grapes until I couldn't have them anymore.  I have been following a strict diet since September 21 (2 weeks pre-op) and never in a million years did I think I would miss fruits, especially my grapes.  I can also have creamy soups, stews and chili...and just in time for cooler weather and hopefully soon winter.  Although, I'm starting to notice how much colder I am and I've only dropped about 35 pounds, but it must be enough to make me chilly!  Yet again, another great feeling, believe it or not.

I think for dinner I'm going to make some broccoli and cheese soup, but I need to dig up some protein (because I'm still falling very short on my daily totals) so I might throw in some turkey or something into my bowl.  Or I've been thinking about making one of those Yoplait Smoothies that's already prepackaged and throwing in a scoop of protein powder.  And if I make it with milk, that should help too.  Hmm...I just might be onto something here!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...