Friday, November 26, 2010

I Feel Pretty Good About Myself After Yesterday

Yesterday was my 1st Thanksgiving since RNY on October 5, 2010.  I had to work from 10am to 10pm and I thought it was going to be a breeze.  I was completely wrong!  We had a potluck at work, on top of having the traditional Thanksgiving meal at lunchtime.

I pretty much ate my way thru the entire day, but I made sure the eats were high protein "meals" and I was very careful to make sure I got extra fluids in, paying close attention to our drinking rules:  No drinking 1/2 hour before, during or 1/2 hour after a meal.  

I started out with my breakfast being a slice of cheese and a slice of salami.  At lunch I had a little bit of turkey with gravy (I couldn't pass up the gravy), 1/2 of a deviled egg and 3 small bites of mashed potatoes with gravy.  Later in the afternoon I had another slice of cheese and another slice of salami.  Dinner was a small amount of homemade baked beans with Lil' Smokies (WLS friendly recipe) and a snack before bed of a deviled egg. 

I was really upset with myself for eating so much yesterday, especially since we're not supposed to snack at all, we get 3 meals all day, that's it and I broke the rules.  But when I look back at it this morning, it wasn't all THAT bad.  Everything was high protein and very small portions and best of all, the scale didn't move up at all!  After mentally beating myself up for yesterday, I got to thinking...yesterday only happens once a year.  I haven't been eating like that for the last 7 weeks and one day isn't going to make or break me for my weight loss journey.  I didn't over do anything, I didn't have any pumpkin pie, I didn't have a ton of sugar...I enjoyed my day at work, I enjoyed my holiday and given the choice, I would do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...