Sunday, April 10, 2011

AAACCCCKKKKK!!!!! Easter Candy!

Temptations SUCK!
That pretty much sums it up....AAACCCKKK!!!  Easter candy and temptations suck.  Candy had always been a weakness and a trigger for me pre-op, but after surgery, never once did I have a craving for candy.  I made it thru Halloween (okay, so my surgery was October 5th, so you can't really count that), Christmas was a breeze and Valentine's Day?  Don't even get me started on Single's Awareness Day. 

So all in all, I feel like I'm cruising down easy street when it comes to sweets.  Then, all of the sudden, out of nowhere, BAM!  I was blindsided by the temptation of Easter candy.  That stupid furry little bunny that brings chocolate goodness to kids and adults alike entered my world.  What have I ever done to him?!?  I thought we would have an understanding.  I don't do sugar, he moves on to some other sweet tooth junkie.  Oh, hell no!  He stopped right at my work desk last night and WOULDN'T LEAVE!!!!  The little bastard just sat there tempting me all night long. 

The first hour was a breeze.  2nd hour went over okay...but by the 3rd hour the little furry freak had gotten to me.  What could one little chocolate egg do to my system?  Would it really be all that bad if I just had one so the little shit would leave?  So, I popped one of those little malted milk ball eggs.  It was pure heaven, it tasted like bliss, it...didn't upset my pouch or innards at all!  Oh no!  I was supposed to feel like crap!  I was supposed to double over in excruciating pain and break out in the sweats and almost crap myself.  I thought I'd be like most of the post WLS patients and dump on sugar...NOPE!  

So, now what I do?  I should stop, right?  Hide the candy, throw it away, just get rid of it!  Well, that would have been too easy.  I sat there and ate those malted milk eggs until I went home at 3am from work.  I was so disappointed in myself last night, I came home and just bawled myself to sleep.  I'm still mad at myself this morning for sitting there and eating all of those.  But after about a 1/2 hour of beating myself up about it, I'm going to start this day new and fresh.  I'm going to stick to my eating today, and not let one slip up take me down for the rest of the day.  I'm going to move on and realize that I'm only human and that everyone makes mistakes.  I'm going to find that Easter Bunny and run him over with my car!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...