Friday, April 1, 2011

Comfort Food For Dinner

Easy Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
You all know how I've been searching and searching and searching for recipes online and in magazines and I stumbled upon this one on Food.com and thought it would not only be the perfect dinner for tonight, but also the perfect comfort food I've been looking forward to all winter.

It wasn't until about a month ago or so that I could even have bread items or stuffing, so all winter long I had been wanting something like this.  I ended up eating just about 1/2 of a chicken breast and a spoonful of the stuffing mixture and I was stuffed!  This recipe is so easy, it's ridiculous and it makes your house smell like Thanksgiving...Yummy!  So, without further ado, here's the recipe and as always, I'm open to suggestions.  Enjoy!
 Easy Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup (I used the Campbell's 98% Fat-Free)
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1 (6 oz) package chicken flavored stuffing mix (I used Lower Sodium Stove Top)
  • 1 2/3 cups water
Place chicken in a greased 4 1/2 qt slow cooker.  In a separate bowl, combine soup and milk, pour over chicken.  Combine stuffing mix and water, spoon over chicken and soup mixture.  Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked.  I used chicken that was partially frozen so I cooked mine for 6 hours on low.  If I had to change one thing, I would have made sure my chicken was completely thawed because the extra liquid made the stuffing kind of mushy.  Other than that, it was wonderful and hit the spot.  I'm not sure how well this is going to freeze, but I'm going to try it and see. 



All ingredients before cooking.

Finished product...Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...