Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another AWESOME Recipe...If I Do Say So Myself

Katie's Mexican Casserole
This was my dinner tonight, and I must say it pretty much rocked!  Today has been cloudy and it's been raining on and off, so I thought a casserole would be perfect in this weather.  Lately meals have looked really good to me and haven't tasted good.  Or they look like crap and taste wonderful.  Well, this one looked good AND tasted good so I thought I would share it with you guys.  That is pasta you see in it, but it's the Barilla Plus pasta with protein, so I thought I would give it a whirl and see how it goes over.  My stomach is so happy, I'm surprised you all can't hear it from here!  I had about a cup of it and I was perfectly full, so I'm happy too!  This was super easy to make, which makes it even better in my books :)  So, here's the recipe, let me know what you think, okay?

Katie's Mexican Casserole

  • 1 lb ground turkey (you could use ground beef, I just prefer turkey)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (I used reduced sodium)
  • 3 cups uncooked pasta (as I said, I used Barilla Plus)
  • 2 (16 oz) jars of salsa (my choice was Cookie's Mild Brand...LOVE it)
  • 2 cups shredded Mexi-blend cheese (I used Weight Watchers)
  • 1 cup sour cream, fat-free, light or regular
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (I didn't have any fresh, so I just used dried)
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.  Meanwhile, brown ground turkey, adding a small amount of olive oil (depending on your brand) and drain if needed.  Mix in taco seasoning and cook according to packet directions.

 Mix pasta, taco meat, salsa, 1 cup (4 oz) cheese, sour cream, beans, corn and cilantro.  Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Spoon mixture into dish and top with remaining cheese.



Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese on top is melted and browned.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...