Saturday, April 16, 2011

Finally...The Rain Has Stopped

If April showers bring May flowers, then the ceiling in my kitchen that was leaking, is going to look beautiful after all of the rain we have been getting.  The rain started late Wednesday and didn't stop until about 6:30 this morning.  It was non stop, huge, cold raindrops being blow around by 40mph winds.  The last 2 days have been horrible! 

Last night, about 9:30 or so I could hear this weird "knocking" noise that I thought was someone knocking lightly on the kitchen backdoor.  The dogs were barking like someone was here, so I got up and checked the door wondering who in the heck would be out in this crazy rain when SURPRISE!!!  Huge drips were falling from the ceiling above my kitchen sink and hitting a plastic container I had just washed. 

I stood there for awhile and watched the water drip, called my dad wondering what I should do (the only man a girl can depend on is her daddy, after all) and then logically did what was next...posted about it on Facebook LOL  But, just as quickly as it started, it stopped about 45 minutes later and you can't even tell it was leaking, which brings me to this thought.  How long has it been dripping like that and how many times has it dripped on the dishes that I thought were clean? o_O

So, this morning my dad and his buddy came out, took a look around and of course found nothing.  But the next time it rains, I'm supposed to call them and they will come over and check everything out again.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that it was a fluke and the wind and not some $5000 fix to my roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...