Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah And A Bunch Of Crap

Well, today seemed like a very trying day and I couldn't even tell you why, it just was.  It's been rainy, cold and windy for a couple of days now, so that's probably part of it.  I had my 6 month follow up last week and got my lab results back.  My B12 and vitamin D were low...hardly on the charts, low.  My surgeon's nurse wants me to take my B12 twice a week and contact my PCP to see what she wants to do about my vitamin D.  So, since Friday I have been trying to get a hold of her and she won't return my calls.  That makes me so mad!  She is always like this too...never on time, never returns calls.  It might be time for a new doctor.  I think I'm going to call back down to my surgeon's office tomorrow and see if they can help me. 

I finally found a protein shake that goes over well with me after 6 months...(drum roll please) and it's CLICK!  I don't know why I hadn't listened to everyone earlier, this stuff rocks my socks off!  I have been experimenting with the Vanilla Latte and my sugar free syrups and some Splenda.  The one I'm stuck on is white chocolate, caramel and vanilla iced latte.  It's wonderful and hits the spot.  I have been drinking it now for about a week and don't see me getting sick of it anytime soon.  I also found a protein bar that is hitting the spot.  It's by Supreme Protein and they are peanut butter and jelly flavored.  I get them at my local health store, but you can get them anywhere online.  I get the smaller bars, which are about 15 grams of protein and around 200 calories, I believe. 

I haven't been doing too much today.  Worked on a baby quilt, did/doing 6 loads of laundry and just got done eating dinner.  It was nothing fancy, no recipe to post, but it hit the spot and reminded me that I can have normal food, just in smaller portions.  Tonight's dinner was a hamburger with cheese, fresh green beans and a red potato.  I used that spray butter for the first time tonight on the green beans and my potato.  It was pure heaven...I can't believe I haven't used it before!!! 

So, there you have it...blah, blah, blah and a bunch of crap.  Not a very interesting day for me, but there it is for you. 

Tonight's Dinner 

2 comments:

  1. How do you make the protein shake? Is it a scoop of vanilla protein powder and I am assuming there is a SF white chocolate syrup? That sounds heavenly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mix up the Vanilla Latte CLICK w/ 14 oz of water. Then after I shake it for about a minute, I add 2 squirts of sf white chocolate syrup, 2 squirts of sf caramel syrup, 2 pkts Splenda and then shake it for another minute at least. Then I pour it over ice. It takes me about an hour to drink the whole thing and it's 15 grams of protein. If you add milk it's about 23 grams of protein. The sf syrups I get at amazon.com. They are the Torani brand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...