Sunday, February 24, 2013

HECK YES!!!!!

Big news for this kid!  I shaved a minute off my mile today!  It may not seem like much to some people, but for this MFFG (Midwest Former Fat Girl) it's huge!  When I started the C25K 3 weeks ago, my time was 15:42 min/mile.  Today was....14:42!  Not too shabby since it's cold out+I'm still sick+I've been off for almost 2 weeks+I'm only at the end of week 3.  That's a lot of +'s!  I'm pretty much on cloud 9...and yes, I did brag about it on Facebook LOL

It's about 35 degrees out right now in Iowa, which for this time of year is kind of mild, but it's still winter so I bundled up.  I had on a compression tank, a long sleeve Omni-heat Columbia shirt, a long sleeve running shirt and a fleece coat.  Oh!  And some running pants and knee braces...those were pretty important!

My Running Aftermath Minus the Fleece
After my run/walk, I realized I need one of those ear warmer band thingies (technical term there), so that's going to be my next "investment".  I may or may not have done a little running shopping this week online and found a couple sweet ass things!  I ordered this shirt from One More Mile and I can't wait until it gets here!  Go check out their website and like them on Facebook, they run some pretty sweet 20% off deals!  I also ordered a pair of hot pink Lock Laces to try out.  Now I'm in the market for a new pair of ear buds, but I can't decide on what ones.  HELP!!!!

That's pretty much my big news of the week.  I'm still sick and blowing snot rockets, so I've been laying pretty low.  I have BBQ Beer Chicken in the crockpot for dinner and plan on just relaxing the rest of the day/night and do some laundry.  Not real entertaining, I know. 

Before I leave for the day, I of course HAVE to post the best song of my run/walk.  Today, there were 2 of them!

 



Until next time! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great job with you mile time!!! I love that shirt. It's awesome! And in terms of earbuds....I have cheesy ones that drive me crazy. I've been thinking about yurbuds....but I'm afraid to take the financial plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen!!!! I'm pretty pumped (as if you couldn't tell LOL)...maybe that shirt will help ;) I've been looking around at different ear buds, I have some cheap ones from Best Buy, but have also been looking at the yurbuds. But I'm with you, they are a little rich for my blood. I need more reviews to see about them I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...