Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Columbia Running Fairy

For those of you that don't know, my dad owns a clothing store in our city.  It's called Peoples Clothing (coming online soon!) and it's been open since 1922.  It's been in our family for years and is a men's big and tall clothing store.  He has many different name brands, including Columbia and New Balance.  Since my weight loss surgery, my dad (and his store) have been my saving grace for clothing, since he can special order women's clothing as well.  He has kept me clothed while I shrunk out of my size 28's and finally settled into my size 14's (hopefully to be 12's before long).  Without him I don't know what I would have done.  Thank you, Dad! 

Since I have decided to start running about his time last year, both he and my mom have supported me 110%, not only emotionally, but with my running gear such as shoes, pants and shirts.  And this time around is no different.  I normally wear New Balance shoes and pants and then Fila running tops, but this winter/spring Columbia had come out with some new active wear that I wanted to try out.  My dad was nice enough to let me cruise thru the women's catalog and pick a few things.  And by few, he let me get 4 new things!  So, here's what I got, which was delivered by my mom (the Columbia Fairy) last night while I was at work!  I'm telling you, I have the BEST PARENTS EVER!!!!

Back Beauty Capri

Women's Back Beauty Boot Cut Pant

Women's Reel Beauty Print Long Sleeve

Women's Benton Springs Full Zip
 
All of those are the colors I picked out except for the fleece coat.  That of course, I got in bright rose (aka bright pink) because as you know, pink is my favorite color.  Tomorrow I'll be trying some of it out as I move onto Day 2, Week 3 of C25K.  I'll let you know what I think of them!  Have a great day everyone!

Until next time!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you posted! BTW, I'm totally digging the Stridebox idea! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...