Saturday, January 19, 2013

C25K: Day 1 Week 1

Today I finished Day 1, Week 1 of the C25K program.  Holy cow am I out of shape!  I thought I was gonna drop over dead!  Good thing my preferred place of running is in the cemetery (not the treadmill, like above) so if something happens to me, they can just roll me to the family plot and be done with it!

It was about 46 out today when I decided to head on out.  Now, getting to this point this time around was a pain in the butt!  I had gotten a new phone and decided I wanted to use my phone for running with my C25K app and load a play list onto it.  How hard can that be you ask?  Amazingly hard.  Trust me.  I had been working on transferring my play list ALL WEEK LONG.  I ended up transferring the songs one by one.  All 178 of them.  If I ever get the nerve up, I'll post my running list, but right now, I'm pretty spent with it.

Anyways, going back to my running/walking.  It was about 46 out, but 46 in Iowa in the middle of January isn't as warm as people think.  Especially when you get out in the open.  Brrrr.  So I decided I would have to layer, but I can't have too many layers because I have to be able to move, but I want to be warm.  Decisions, decisions.  So, after pulling on a compression tank, a long sleeve Omi-Heat shirt by Columbia AND a running shirt with thumb holes, I was just about ready to hit the pavement.  Dug out my knee braces and I was off! 

The first couple of runs/walks went off without a hitch.  Then I hit a wall.  I was cold, my nose was running and I was getting crabby.  You know, the usual.  But I kept going...and I'm SO glad I did.  And then, the best song of the run came on...Pause, by Pitbull!  I LOVE this song!  Here, have a listen for yourself!


After that song came on, it gave me the energy to keep going and to finish the whole workout.  I'm going to take a moment to pat myself on the back (*patting*) and you all should too.  I came across the best quote the other day and for the life of me I can't remember who said it, but it was awesome.  "I may not come in first, but at least I cross the finish line".  Whoever said it, I think, is on to something.  I think it might just be my new mantra! 

15:43 Min/Mile  That's where I left off last Fall.


2 comments:

  1. So glad I stumbled onto you. I just started my couch to 5K today. I was so glad it was run one minute walk the next. It kicked my butt also but I felt very satisfied afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! :) I hope you find this a helpful place, visit often and add your 2 cents worth. Keep me posted on your progress, I can't wait to hear all about it! Keep up the hard work, if you're like me, you'll be sore tomorrow, but it's so worth it! Thanks again, Miss Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...