Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Love Pinterest!

Today was a gloomy, cruddy, typical winter day in Iowa.  Since 3am we have been in a Freezing Rain Advisory.  YUCK!  The advisory has expired, but it's still just a good day to stay inside, curl up on the couch with the puppies and just relax.

I had to work last night from 6pm to 6am and we were dead.  Now, one would think working a Saturday over night in a 911 dispatch center would be busy.  Usually it is, but since we were supposed to get icky weather, nothing happened.  NOTHING!  So, what did I do all night you might ask?




Yep!  I was on Pinterest.  On my cellphone.  And yep, I had to recharge my phone 2 different times.  But I found some REALLY good crockpot recipes.  And you know how much I LOVE my crockpot!  If you've never been on Pinterest, you should probably start.  Go sign up!  It's free!  And addictive!  It's like window shopping for whatever you want!  You can create as many boards as you would like, about anything you like!  How can you go wrong there?!  I have...well, let's just say a lot of boards.  In fact, last night I was faced with a dilemma.  I found a dip recipe that you make in the crockpot.  Which board do you pin that on?  The Dips and Apps one?  Or the Crockpot Goodness one?  After much thought and consulting with my fellow co-dispatcher (who may or may not of also been pinning) we decided on Crockpot Goodness.  I just couldn't make up my mind.  Sad isn't it?  LOL

When I got off work at 6am, I came home (the freezing rain had started about 5am, so the roads were SLICK!) and I bet you'll never guess in a million years, what I put in my Crockpot?  Any takers?  Crock Pot Taco Chicken Chili.  Again!  I am hooked on this stuff!  I can't get enough of it!  And would you believe, last night I found another recipe that seems really similar, only it uses....wait for it..wait for it.....cream cheese!  Yummo!  Here is the recipe...check it out!  I think I might make it next weekend, but of course, change it up a bit.  For starters, I would probably serve mine plain.  Rice and I just don't have a good relationship post-op.  We had to break up for many reasons, but I'm okay with it.  Rice for post-ops is nothing but empty nutrition in my own opinion.  The other change I would make is to use more chicken.  I've made a couple crockpot recipes with cream cheese and I have learned a valuable lesson.  Use the fully loaded cream cheese.  I know, I know, the calories!  The Fat!  But when you use reduced fat or fat free cream cheese (or even sour cream) it just doesn't melt down smoothly.  It basically curdles and looks nasty.  It's just not pleasant.  Now, if you can handle it, by all means, do the reduced fat or fat free stuff.  I just can't.  It has to look good for me to eat it. 

The things you can find on Pinterest are endless.  If you're already on Pinterest, follow me!  If you're not, sign up and follow me!  Now, get going!  Get pinning!  Get addicted! 

Until next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...