Sunday, January 6, 2013

What Does 2013 Hold For You?

So, I'm just a few days shy of wishing you all a Happy New Year!!!  And about 5 months short of blogging.  I admit...I have become a horrible blogger.  I NEED to change that!  It's not that I don't have the time, or the topics...it's just that I've become lazy. 

So, one of the things I'm re-committing myself to is my blog.  I've always enjoyed it, much like I've always enjoyed writing in my journal.  Not writing in my diary, my journal.  A lot of work goes into picking out the right journal for your next writing journey.  I have had my eye on this one, but just haven't broken down and bought it yet.  Usually I try not to spend more than $10 on a journal, but this one might just make its way into my writing hands.

There's a story behind my journaling.  Back when I was looking into having my gastric bypass surgery, they had a lot of ideas for us to take away from the many classes we had to take to learn about ourselves, our surgery and our future.  One of the things they suggested for us emotional eaters (me) was to journal daily.  More specifically, write down 3 really bad things that happened that day, 3 greats things that happened and our feelings in general.  By writing down those 3 bad things, we were getting the negative emotions out.  You know, the ones that usually take you to that bag of potato chips, or that Snickers bar.

So, I took them up on it.  What did I have to lose?  Not a thing!  And from that day on, I have written down 3 bad things and 3 good things daily.  When I write those bad things down, I'm done with them.  I don't bring them up again and I TRY not to think about them.  I know that last one is easier said than done, but it really has helped me a lot.

2012 was a roller coaster of a year for me.  There were many ups, some downs and a lot of in betweens.  For 2013, I want to eliminate the downs.  I'm over being angry at things I have no control over.  I'm over the hatred for people I feel have wronged me.  I'm over negative people.  No one needs any of this in their lives...especially those of us who have worked too hard to get where we are at.  I'm not going back to 2012...and I don't think you should either!  So, what does 2013 hold for you?

Bring It!!! Don't Sing It!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...