Sunday, January 13, 2013

What Is Today Good For?

Brrrrr!  It's flipping cold in Iowa today!  Last week was "decent" for temps given the fact it's January, but by the end of the week, it was raining, then foggy...now it's 16 degrees!  So, brrrrr might be an understatement.  Especially for us post-ops who tend to get cold no matter how hot or cold out it is.

Over the past 2 winters, my thermostat has gone from 75, to 72, to 70.  Currently I'm trying out 68 and dang it, it's just too cold!  LOL  So, what's a good way to warm up?  That's right...COFFEE!!!





Now, that wasn't something I created...I only wish I was that talented!  But doesn't it look nice and warm and cozy?  Makes me want to curl up with my Kindle Fire and read.  But first I have "chores" to do.  Enter my pouty face.

I worked overnight last night, so I got off at 6am this morning.  I started a load of laundry, did a load of dishes and put the Crockpot Taco Chicken Chili in the slow cooker and went to sleep.  I crashed around 7am and wanted to be up at noon.  Well, it's after 3, so as you can tell, I didn't make my wake up call.  Oh well, everyone deserves a lazy Sunday every now and then, right? 

P.S. I know I just made the Crockpot Taco Chicken Chili last weekend, but dang it!  It's AWESOME!  I gave half of my batch to my mom and dad and froze the other half in canning jars.  Yep!  Canning jars!  They are perfect for one serving!  Then when you want one, take off the lid, cover with a paper towel and pop it in the microwave.  Try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...